Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Books, Books, everywhere, and all the boards did shrink

I have a lot of books. More than you, probably. And don't be a hair splitter - "Gee, CB, that's pretty big headed to think you have more books than anyone." Hair splitters drive me crazy. So, let's assume that I have more books than you. It's okay that I do - I'm not going to give you a trophy for trying and I'm not going to not keep score - I've been collecting books for twenty-five years. You probably haven't, and that's okay, too.

I've smuggled boxes of books into the house under the cover of darkness. I have a hundred at my office, because there aren't any other nooks or crannies at my house. I buy books that I know I'll never read. Sometimes it's a good value. Sometimes it's part of a series I collect that I know I'll never read. I'd have to look it up to be exact, but I bet I have over a thousand hardbacks. I could tell you the exact number, because I built and Access database about fifteen years ago, and I update it every time I buy something new.

This glut of books got me thinking: maybe it's time to sell some, make room for books that I want to collect. So, here's your chance to catch up with me. I'll post some books here that are available. I'll tell you the condition, add some pics, etc. These are also listed on ebay (in the event you don't want to meet me in a parking lot with unmarked, non-sequential bills).

Buy early and often. I have a book habit to support.

No comments:

Post a Comment