Thursday, July 26, 2012

Lawyers, Guns & Money by JD Rhoades

I read and reviewed one of Rhoades' other books, The Devil's Right Hand, and ended up pleased that I came across his work. Here's an abbreviated description of the book I just finished, Lawyers, Guns & Money:

Andy Cole has a problem. Local crime boss Voit Fairgreen has just dropped a bag full of cash on his desk and hired him to defend Voit's brother Danny on a murder charge.

The problem is that Danny just might be innocent. But someone powerful needs this case buried, and if an innocent man dies for that, so be it.

Andy Cole is a guy who's made a good living by going along to get along. He's been willing to bend every rule, except Rule One--always get paid. But this case will cause him to re-examine his life and push him and his lover, beautiful newspaper editor Elizabeth Sinclair, to risk everything--including their lives-- for the truth.



Go ahead and read my review of his previous book (here). Much of the same applies, including that he still has the same initials as JD Sumner. From my earlier review:


I really enjoyed this book. Great characters, plot, dialogue, and just flat out good writing.


I picked it up for free, but I would have paid for it. And I'll read more of his stuff. What better rec can I give?


Keep in mind that I just finished two of Lee Child's books before I picked this up, and Rhoades had me turning the pages. 


Another great job, JD. And I'll continue to read more of his stuff. Fo' Stars.

Stonewall's Rating System here.

1 comment: