Saturday, March 17, 2012

The Cleaner by Brett Battles

Bueno
In a reader review somewhere out there, I read that Brett Battles was a cross between Lee Child and Robert Ludlum. After reading The Cleaner, it was a good comparison (except Battles' sentences are longer than Childs', which are difficult to be any shorter).

It's a fast moving plot without any info dumps - he feeds you info as you go and it keeps the pages turning. The writing is very good and I liked the characters. Our hero, Jonathan Quinn, does a little continent jumping and Battles does a good job giving a sense of place (but not too much, which I prefer).

I'm tired, so I'm not expounding as much as I should, because this is a book worth reading. If you like Lee Child's Jack Reacher, you'll like Battles' Jonathan Quinn.

I'll keep my eye out for the next book in the series, The Deceived. As I like to say, I'll read more of his work - what better rec can I give? Bueno, Brettito: Fo' Stars.

Stonewall's rating system here.

No comments:

Post a Comment